Saturday 30 January 2010

Art Journalling - Quote

On Freeing Your Wings group the prompt this month was to use a quote that speaks to our heart. I decided to approach it quite literally hence the lips speaking to the heart shape. The heart shape itself is a magazine image of lip sticks, following the lips theme.


My favourite quote - There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud
was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin

It reminds me of a time when I had to step outside my comfort zone, my bud, and take a night class in order to do something and meet people. The rest as they say is history, I went from being very isolated to having a wonderful group of friends, going on to university to study ceramics further, to then teaching and via that working in mental health, where I am now and I love it. It didn't happen overnight. It wasn't easy but boy am I glad I did. I was so shy, glad to say that I'm not now.

Incidently where I work had this quote on it's literature for prospective clients and I didn't know until I'd been there about a year. No wonder I feel so at home and in the right place.

I used alcohol inks, acrylics, masking tape, cosmic shimmer mist, oil pastel, magazine collage, stamps, white opaque pen and a Vpoint pen.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quote! Yes, unbutton those lips, allow the bud to open, share your story! Love the colors, lips and lipsticks. The brown appear to be a woven basket coming undone.

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!