Monday 7 June 2010

I'm All Set for Winter Chills


I've finally finished my crocheted blanket. I started it in the really cold spell we had last winter. I sat, cold and shivering, in my front room and looked across at the big bag of wool I'd recently bought for the peasantly sum of £3 from the local charity shop and I started to crochet. As soon as it was as big as my lap I felt warmer but then as the weather warmed up my crocheting slowed up until it has taken me about 4 months to complete. But I'm now ready for the next big freeze, lol.

8 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I've got crocheted blankets on the brain at the moment! Hope you're doing ok chick! Love, Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors & the pattern!
    Just beautiful!!!
    I hope you get a mini-cold spell so you can use it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks so neatly done...and what a bargain!
    Just been reading your post about Anya....I truly feel for you. I have been there too.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. how beautiful!!! i love the colors that you used...the roses in your garden on a previous post are stunning...so glad you found your sweet kitty:) thank you so much for stopping over to visit me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous blanket, I love the colours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your visit,...I love that blankets ...yours has very pretty colors.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I've already responded to this post & your beautiful blanket, but just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you & hope you're okay. I've been there, and know how hard it is.
    Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful. This is one of my learn how to do things. I am so jealous!! I also wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my 1000th post!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!