Sunday 3 April 2011

New ATC swaps and Journal Pages


Firstly here are a couple of gorgeous ATCs that I received in a private swap with Lorna at Artymess, and I just adore them. They are so textural and full of visual interest, the blue one is mostly velvet, lovely to stroke, with the word 'Eternity' stamped in the metal piece.

Here are the two ATCs that I sent to Lorna, a Marie Antoinette complete with hanger and dangly jewels and a Tea Time? ATC.

These beautys dropped through my letterbox on Friday, the latest swap from Roses on My Table, with the theme of love. I love the variety of techniques and expressions of love. Here are mine for the same swap in an earlier post.

Finally, as the light was fading tonight so sorry about the gloomy photo, I started work on the pages for my fabric journal course. I'm going to work on a couple of journals at the same time as I was having major difficulties in deciding on just one theme. So one of them will be a vintage/shabbychic/dressing table kind of a journal entitled 'Pretty in Pink' and the other journal will have the theme of India, with vibrant colours and sari fabrics. If you fancy joining in on the Journal class just click on the image on the sidebar and you'll get more details.

So above I'm working with strong coffee to age the paper, then waste not, want not I'm dying fabrics in the coffee liquid that was left over - studio smells like Starbucks now, lol. For the India journal I've been spraying acrylic washes and glimmer mists so far but think I need to be a bit bolder with my colour but lost the light and so will assess it better tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Oh i love Lorna's work and her colours....your atc's are stunning too....nice to see your working on your pages.....like the sound of the India theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are the themes that I thought too ..great minds think alike Jenxo is also following an Asian theme ...can't wait to see the different outcomes ....havent started the paper decorating yet just been putting up my show .......must get cracking ....you'll be starting without me .....xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of this creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love lornas work also , so bright and textural.... im doing caroles class too and want to do an asian theme. i was going to get my sparkly paints out too....its going to be fun to see how they all turn out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`m just happy that I can come and admire yours and the other talented ladies` wonderful works, Shaz. I can`t even draw a tree!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!