Monday 30 May 2011

Bank Holiday Monday

I made this little collage for an engagement card, I thought the two cats holding paws was just adorable. My friend's daughter got engaged last weekend and plans to marry next summer. They've asked me to make the wedding invites and a scrapbook/journal for the wedding memories. I'm so excited for them and me, really looking forward to making something special for them. The theme is vintage with pink roses, right up my street. So if any of you lovely people see any gorgeous pink rose images please tip me the wink ;)

A little while ago I got my hands on the winter 2011 edition of Sew Somerset and Anne of Nana GoGo fame asked if she could have a peek inside, so here are a few shots of some of the projects it contains.

I loved it so much I've now set up a subscription via Rainbow Silks for this bi-yearly magazine, it's just so inspiring, packed full of wonderful projects by some very skilled seamstresses - is that the right word?

Lastly, here is a sneaky peek at my journal, it's getting fatter as I decorate the pages. I've nearly done the pages and have picked out the fabrics for my cover so I hope it won't be too much longer before I've finished it. I'm really enjoying it!

I hope you're enjoying what you're up to. We had typical Bank Holiday weather here today, it tipped it down with rain, but a day off is a day off and I always enjoy them :)

PS I checked on my post last year for my favourite rose, see last post, and last year it didn't bloom till right at the end of June, spring has just been so warm and the roses are loving it!

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful theme for a wedding/ album. Your little cat card is adorable and the David Austin rose looks divine!:-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those cats actually they bear a striking likeness to my son's cat Scrappy.The only cat I know that will only drink from a mug on a coffee table.Are you looking for vintage rose images ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sweet cat card! the image is "purr-fect"! so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the two sweet kitties!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!