Sunday 12 June 2011

Bluebirds ATC Swap

I've made these for a swap hosted by Mary at Tin Can Tart, through the Milliande site. I just can't seem to move away from the little vintage collages at the moment but this is the first time I've made them into ATCs.

I used vintage music paper as the base layer, edged with vintage photo distress ink. I transfered an image from the Graphics Fairy, one of my favourite images of a bluebird, eagle-eyed bloggers might recall I used this image on a page of my fabric journal here, alas still in production. Now doesn't that sound positive as opposed to - it's not finished yet, lol.

The scraps of fabric came from some patchwork swatches I got way back in the eighties, so glad I don't throw much away, lol, you never know when you might need them. All finished off with a little loose hand stitching and a button. They were great fun to make. I made an extra one for Mary to put in a display at her father's hospice, what a lovely idea.

It really is a Graphics Fairy day as I'm sending along a card with the ATCs, and the image of the tea pot came from the site as well :)

It's been a very wet day over here today, alot of mooching of cats with reproachful looks as it's obvious to them that it's my fault they are getting wet and having to come in. But there is something quite comforting about sitting in my studio, listening to the rain beating on the window panes above the Classic FM on the radio, and knowing that I can just make something and be happy!

Now on the next item on my to do list .......

4 comments:

  1. They are lovely I cannot wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are really sweet and that fabric always comes in handy eventually..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely idea.....they are so pretty. Liked looking closely at the first pic to see how each one was different :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always so much fun to come here and look around! I am loving your fabric bird ATC's.

    Hope you are having a great summer.
    Gaby xo

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!