Sunday 15 January 2012

Geisha Accordian Book

I've finished my first accordian book in my class on Roses on the Table. I've really enjoyed doing the paper collages, there was something really theraputic about the cutting out, arranging and sticking.

I chose to do a geisha theme as I had lots of pretty vintage images of them and I gave them all butterfly wings as decoration but also as a metaphor for freedom as some of the women looked kind of sad and reflective.

Apologies for the dark pictures, it's a very overcast day.

I've not overembellished the pages as I want the geishas to shine and be the stars of the book.

Just some ribbons, stickles, buttons and sequins here and there.

The bindings are a fancy yarn, in brown shades with gold shot through it.


6 comments:

  1. STONKINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!Great job as always, Shaz. I love each and every page. I was going to sign up or an ATC Swap then I had a word with myself i.e. who do you think you are??!!I'll leave it to the professionals i.e. you!!Happy Sunday to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon you accordian book is so wonderfully done, love your theme with the geisha's.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often admired the little journals that you make, wishing I could dream up some sort of project for my little granddaughters, but since they are only 3 and 5 they are too young yet to appreciate the little books. They become a project on hold then. I just finished a ripple afghan. It is 60 inches long. I used dark brown, light blue ecru, and tan, worked in single crochet. I will give it to my colleague at work. She will be surprised. I love the colors that you have chosen for yours. I learn good things from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your book! I took that class and I also did an Oriental theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You book is just perfect! I loved seeing the pages and I am glad you gave your geishas wings, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!