Friday 10 May 2013

Blogger's Block and Other Animals

 Does anyone else suffer from Blogger's Block or have I just made up the condition.  Do you know that 'I have nothing worth saying' feeling, everything seems so minor to mention.  The thought that nobody will be interested in that and then the days go by and before you really realise it you can no longer hold your head up as a blogger, you're verging on being an ex-blogger ....  That's when your internet friends step in and offer encouragement and support, understanding your blight, having been there etc.  So thank you to all my blogging buds for the gentle push I needed and here's hoping that you'll be encouraged to continue blogging as well.

The lovely cookie above was made by one of the nicest library customers we have.  She makes them to sell for World Lupus Day, which is apparently today.  It is no more, I've eaten it and it was delicious.  I find it so lovely that there are people in the world willing to give up their time and effort to help others and that this lady made a special effort to come in to see me, as I'd loved last year's cookie so much!

 The cookie helped stop my craving to go back to Ilkley, North Yorkshire, where I visited earlier this week, stopping off at the world famous Bettys Tea Rooms.  A delightful cup of tea and a cake were the order of the day.
 I found a lovely victorian shopping arcade but sadly there was only one shop open in there, a sad sign of the economic times.
 The display of tulips around this church was amazing, and more amazing as I don't particularly like tulips or the colour yellow!

 We went over the moors, no sign of Heathcliff  I'm afraid

 and stopped off in Tadcaster, the home of John Smiths Brewery to partake of some fish and chips.  The batter is always so amazing in Yorkshire and the haddock from Kirkdale Fisheries was no exception, so light and crispy.
 I've been putting my extensive wallpaper sample collection to good use, decorating the chimney breast in my bedroom to show off the fireplace

 and papering a wall in the kitchen to try to increase the chances of selling my house, yup I hope to be on the move and escape to the country, but more on that, no doubt, in upcoming posts.

 Mickey remains indifferent to all the hustle and bustle going on around him.

 Merlin was just intent on getting some rays on the sunny windowsill.

 Hutchiebaby picked up some rays on the entrance hall floor

 and Billyboy insisted on supervising the paper hanging.

Archie was having a laze in the garden and I'm going to take a leaf out of his book this weekend!

Hope you  have a lovely weekend whatever you're up to!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, how could you eat that cookie, it looked so lovely in it's wrapping?! Soooooo glad to see you here and long may it continue. Wonderful pics of the papered walls - real works of art they are. Of course my favourite pic is of you-know-who!He's looking better than ever (love all the others too really). Have a great weekend Shaz. Come back soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that feeling at the moment too so reduced myself to a monthly post - just feel my ramblings are not interesting to anyone but me! I don't paint enough either so nothing pretty to show. Your paper sample walls are a lovely idea. I am pondering decoupage on an old dresser, have you ever tried using your paper samples in that way I wonder? Betty the wood fairy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have never read a blog of yours that was not interesting.I often find myself wishing i could make so many good things as you do.Plus anything to do with cats I love.My computer is leading me a dance and the old one is painfully slow so my blogs quite embarrass me,plus there is the garden and the little wood.Please keep going,I,m sure its just that we go through those phases .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you say 'does anyone else suffer from bloggers block?'......ahem, *cough* ;-)
    Anyway, great post; lovely to see what you've been up to ...and so nice to see all 5 cats! They are looking gorgeous as ever.
    Is that the Harrogate Betty's? I'm lucky enough to have been there 3 times :-D Love it!!!!!
    Good luck with the move....but don't go too far, will you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. For having blogger's block, you did a pretty great job blogging. Love the idea with the wall paper. I have friend who will be doing a walking tour of the moors this fall. Such beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you came to visit me again! It seems ages since we have connected! Please don't give up on blogging. Yes we all suffer from the "Bloggers Block" at times especially when either unwell or have certain worries going on. However, I've found it is always best to say a few words than none.
    I've so enjoyed reading about what you've been doing, your visits, your beautiful cats and your gorgeous decoupaged fire place wall and kitchen wall - stunning!
    So thoughts of moving to the country?
    We live on 8 magnificent acres and dread the day we have to move into town.
    Enjoy your weekend dear blogging friend,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and thank you so very much for putting my button on your sidebar! I so love your wall paper of roses too being, like you, a lover of all roses.
    Happy day!
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bloggers blog has got me too! so I have found the best thing is to visit lots of other blogs. Hope your house moving plans get underway successfully - I long to live in a cottage by the sea - a distant dream but we all need dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I do love your wall paper walls and your blog page is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete

A big thank you for taking the time to pop by and comment, I really do appreciate it. Hope to see you at your bloggy home soon!